- Early Check-In: Jimmy Fund Walk participants may pick up their T-shirts, bibs, and other items at Wellesley High School on Saturday, September 23, 2017. Participants who pick up their items in advance can start walking as soon as they arrive at their start location on Walk day.
- Extra Mile Brunch: The Extra Mile Brunch, which takes place annually in March, is a celebration of the Walk community and the success of the event. All Pacesetters, Young Pacesetters, Team Captains whose teams raised $10,000 or more, sponsors, site captains/coordinators, Jimmy Fund Walk Heroes, and donors who gave $1,500 or more are invited with a guest.
- Facebook Fundraising App: The Jimmy Fund Walk Facebook Fundraising App links your Facebook friends directly to your personal fundraising page, and can be set to automatically post updates to your newsfeed when you reach milestones, such as becoming a Pacesetter or top fundraiser. It’s an easy way to let your Facebook friends know you are walking and ask for their support!
- Fundraising Minimum: Anyone who participates in the Jimmy Fund Walk is required to raise a minimum amount: $300 for participants 13 years or older; $100 for participants 12 years old or younger on Walk day.
- Jimmy Fund Walk Hero Program: The Hero Program matches adult and pediatric cancer patients and survivors with teams who fundraise and walk in their honor.
- Matching Gift: Hundreds of companies make matching gifts to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute on behalf of their employees. Increase the impact of your fundraising or volunteer efforts by submitting a matching gift form to your company today!
- Mobile App: Download the free Jimmy Fund Walk Mobile App for iOS or Android to update your personal fundraising page, ask for gifts, recruit team members, and thank supporters. Think of it as MyHQ right on your phone! Team captains can also track the team’s progress and create friendly competition amongst team members through the Jimmy Fund Walk Mobile App badges.
- MyHQ: MyHQ is your Jimmy Fund Walk command center. Login with your username and password to update your personal or team fundraising page with your story and a photo, access donor reports, and send emails to your contacts.
- Order Materials: The Jimmy Fund Walk offers free items to download and be shipped by mail including Jimmy Fund Walk note cards, Support My Walk flyers, posters, and more.
- Pacesetter Exclusive Event: Throughout the year, the Jimmy Fund Walk will invite our Pacesetters to attend special events, such as a reception and Red Sox game at Fenway Park, or an exclusive meet and greet with Dana-Farber faculty members.
- Pacesetter Team: Any Jimmy Fund Walk team that raises $15,000 or more is considered a Pacesetter Team and earns certain rewards and exclusive invitations. The more money that is raised to help conquer cancer, the higher the team can climb up the Pacesetter teams ladder and earn additional rewards!
- Pacesetter: Any Jimmy Fund Walk participant who raises $1,500 or more is a Pacesetter and earns certain rewards and exclusive invitations. A participant who is 12 years old or younger on Walk day and raises $500 is a Young Pacesetter.
- Participant ID: Your participant ID is a unique number assigned to you when you register for the Jimmy Fund Walk. This number can be found on your MyHQ main screen, or at the bottom of your personal fundraising page. Please include your participant ID when you mail in checks to support your fundraising efforts.
- Personal Fundraising Page: Each registered Jimmy Fund Walk participant will receive a personal fundraising page. This page can be customized with why you walk, who you walk for, and a photo or video.
- Personal Page Link: Jimmy Fund Walk participants can set up a custom link to their personal fundraising page. This can be set up during registration, or can be edited by logging into MyHQ and selecting the “My Webpage” tab.
- Recruit and be rewarded: The top 30 recruiters for the 2017 Jimmy Fund Walk will win a year's supply of Cape Cod Potato Chips. Encourage your friends, family, and colleagues to list your name in the registration question: "Did a walker refer you to participate?"
*Official Rules and Regulations
- Refueling Station: The Jimmy Fund Walk has 12 refueling stations along the Boston Marathon® course with snacks and beverages, including one refueling station that provides a light lunch.
- Self-Gift: Making a gift to support your own Jimmy Fund Walk fundraising efforts demonstrates to your donors that you are asking them to give to a cause that you also support.
- Start Location: The Jimmy Fund Walk has 4 start locations: Marathon Walk (26.2 miles) from Hopkinton; Half Marathon Walk (13.1 miles) from Wellesley; 10K Walk (6.2 miles) from Newton; 5K Walk (3.1 miles) from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- Team Fundraising Page: Each registered Jimmy Fund Walk team will receive a team fundraising page. This page can be customized with why the team walks, who they walk for, and a photo or video.
- Virtual Walker: Registering as a Virtual Walker is a way to be involved in the Jimmy Fund Walk if you can’t be there on Walk day. Virtual Walkers receive a personal fundraising page, can join a team, and can fundraise to help conquer cancer. Many Virtual Walkers hold their own walk on a date and location convenient for them.
- Young Pacesetter: A Jimmy Fund Walk participant who is 12 years old or younger (as of Walk day) who raises $500 or more.